CIS cardiologists in Zachary are Dr. Charles Thompson, Dr. Deepak Thekkoott, Dr. Babu Jasti, Dr. Nayan Agarwal and Dr. Robert Drennan.
ZACHARY- On September 18, Cardiovascular Institute of the South (CIS) is celebrating 15 years of providing comprehensive cardiovascular care in Zachary. From the beginning, CIS fostered a close partnership with Lane Regional Medical Center (Lane), and together, the two formed the only comprehensive cardiovascular program in the region.
Since then, more than 20,000 procedures have since been performed, 450 patients have been treated for heart attacks, and a new state-of-the-art catheterization laboratory is set to be installed at Lane in November of this year.
In the past 15 years, the team has brought many firsts and achievements to Zachary including:
- The first angioplasty in Zachary in 2007
- Opening of the Lane Regional Cardiovascular Center in 2008
- Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year in 2009 (CIS)
- Cycle IV Chest Pain Center Accreditation in 2020 (Lane)
- Comprehensive radial access with over 95% of heart procedures done through the wrist
- First use of devices and procedures such as: The Diamondback 360◦™ Orbital Atherectomy System, the TRYTON Side Branch Stent, subcutaneous ICD implantation, the Crosser CTO recanalization catheter, the Optical Coherence Tomography catheter, the Impella left ventricular assist device, the Sentry Bioconvertible Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter and the lithotripsy balloon by Shockwave Medical, Inc.
“For 15 years, CIS has been committed to advancing the quality and access to cardiovascular care in Zachary,” explained Dr. Deepak Thekkoott, interventional cardiologist at CIS. “We have brought innovative heart and vascular treatments, with new technology and diagnostic tools to aid in the early detection and prevention of disease. We love caring for patients in this community and look forward to many years ahead.”
Laura Peel, RN, cardiology product line manager at Lane, stated, “It has been a privilege to work with CIS to provide exceptional cardiology services to my community. We use the latest guidelines, standards and equipment to provide the most advanced care, and it has always been our priority to meet the individualized needs of each patient. I am honored to be a part of this service and will continue to set high standards to provide the best outcomes for our patients.”
CIS cardiologists are experts in treatment of cardiovascular disease, peripheral vascular disease and venous disease in the legs, specializing in coronary interventions, pacemaker and defibrillator management, cardiac ablations and in-clinic vein treatments. CIS also offers a variety of diagnostic services including lab work, nuclear, ultrasound, stress testing, and PET scanning. CIS provides cardiovascular coverage to Lane 24/7, and CIS remains the only full-time cardiology group in Zachary.
To schedule an appointment in Zachary, call 225-654-1559 or click below. Click here to see a list of our physicians in Zachary.