Check out our heart-healthy recipe for Black Bean & Quinoa Salad with Citrus Dressing! CIS registered dietitian Noelle Comeaux shares her tips straight from our cardiac kitchen at our CIS Intensive Cardiac Rehab.
Black Bean & Quinoa Salad with Citrus Dressing
Serves 4 – ½ cup servings
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ orange, juiced
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup Mandarin oranges (no sugar added, packed in water)
- ¼ cup diced red peppers
- 2/3 cup No salt added black beans
- ½ c no salt added corn kernels
- 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, make dressing. Whisk together apple cider vinegar, orange juice, and apple juice concentrate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, orange segments, diced red pepper, black beans, corn, chopped red onion, and fresh cilantro.
- Pour vinaigrette dressing on top of salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.