Pictured are Dr. Deepak Thekkoott, Patient Queenola Brooks, Dr. Charles Thompson, Ashton Canella, RN, JP Fontenot and Tyra LeBoeuf, NCT, CNMT.
ZACHARY— Cardiovascular Institute of the South (CIS) is the first in the Baton Rouge region to offer cardiac positron emission tomography (PET) scanning at the CIS Zachary clinic located at 6550 Main Street, Suite 1000.
This advanced cardiac testing offers clearer and sharper imaging, allowing physicians an improved tool for accurate patient diagnosis and the selection of the most appropriate treatment options. Other benefits of PET scans include:
- Faster than a traditional nuclear scan
- Decreased radiation exposure
- Increased sensitivity to limited blood flow
- Increased sensitivity for those with large body mass
- Less interference from soft tissue
CIS also utilizes cardiac PET scanning in the Houma and Lafayette regions. Click here to find the CIS clinic nearest you.