BATON ROUGE—Cardiovascular Institute of the South (CIS) is now offering cardiac positron emission tomography (PET) scanning at its Baton Rouge clinic located at 8401 Picardy Avenue.
This advanced cardiac testing offers clearer and sharper imaging, allowing physicians an improved tool for accurate patient diagnosis and the selection of the most appropriate treatment options. Other benefits of PET scans include:
- Faster than a traditional nuclear scan
- Decreased radiation exposure
- Increased sensitivity to limited blood flow
- Increased sensitivity for those with large body mass
- Less interference from soft tissue
CIS also utilizes cardiac PET scanning at many of its other locations. Click here to learn more about cardiovascular testing. To schedule an appointment at CIS, click here.